Monday 26 October 2009

Loss on OGS to fimko

This game should have been lost at the start, but I somehow managed to escape a stranglehold, but it ultimately did no good, I had no territory, my opponent was one step ahead of me for the rest of the game. Enjoyed this one a lot.

These games can take so long, I can genuinely improve during the course of them. I look back at some of the early moves in this game and can't understand why I made them. Look at the way the bottom right corner is allowed to first get cut off, and secondly doesn't even try to live. Nuts!

My opponent's move 84 was a mistake, it allowed my otherwise very dead large group to escape and live.

The resignation followed an unsuccessful attempt at reduction of the opponent's otherwise massive territory, but my moves were uncoordinated and too separated to be effective, so I spent the whole time trying to keep lots of little groups connected, and ultimately failing.



No comments:

Post a Comment