Sunday 1 November 2009

big loss on KGS to LABabe 17k

LABabe completely destroyed me.

I tried to play more quickly than normal, but that just let my inexperience shine through. On the other hand, LABabe played quickly and efficiently. Looking at her? game record shows 12 *today* alone at the time of writing, 7 of which were won. Wow, I am impressed if I play 3 games a week on KGS.

Analysing this game can only help me.

Move 9 was an invasion into my (overextended?) extension. I thought I should be able to squeeze that out. Wrong.
Move 15 cut me off. This surprised the hell out of me and made my two stone group exceedingly weak.
Move 18 was an attempt to lead them to safety. It wasn't followed up on, so it failed when 23 cut them again.
Move 26 was played with a view to making them live, or survive the capturing race for the adjacent black group. It wasn't obvious to me that it had already lost that race.
Move 28 then as good as forced B to increase that group's liberties. Even worse, it was ignored in favour of a direct assault with 29 at which point the status of the group was clear even to me.
Move 32 was pure damage control
Move 35 B played tenuki to carve out territory
Move 36 W wanted to rescue the lone stone
Move 60 looked reasonable..
Move 61 revealed that to be wrong
Move 77 was responded to too quickly, not noticing the atari
Move 78 should have been at D6, obviously

If we stop here and look at the balance of sketchy territory, L8, N13, H15 would help to give W stability. None of these were played.

Move 93 was seen as a threat to the white group, so I descended into Bs territory. Now I see that it could be easily connected to K6
Move 105 was the killing move
Move 108 - when will I learn?
Move 120 - get strong then attack. Should have been at L16
Move 132 should have been at H17 and the black group above is dead. Instead, W group dies.

The game is already lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment