Monday 9 November 2009

Lunchtime win against Tim on 2 stones

This was another great fun game with Tim. He's now 20k on KGS, and we settled on a 2 stone handicap for this one.

I won this game by a large margin, due to the capturing of two of Tim's groups, one of 5 stones and one of 13. He said himself after the game that he lost focus of the largest group and didn't see it only had 2 liberties remaining. Glad it is not just me that feels overwhelmed by the complexity of the board sometimes.

I felt that I played pretty well this game. The silly mistakes were way down. Only one of my plays resulted in my being caught in a 2nd-line-trap (and one brain-fart per game is surely allowed).

I deliberately played a little more loosely, and looked for plays that linked my groups while attacking his. I also took a leaf out of Tim's book and made sure the bottom right hoshi was turned into a shimari to prevent any invasion. Final score was 114.5 to 58.

I suspect we'll go back to 3 stones next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment