Thursday 5 November 2009

Bristol Go Club meet

Great to see Simon bring his 8 year old son Barney along. Barney's been playing since March this year and is already ~12k on KGS. Wonderful to see such a young lad doing well. Of course, it'd be a crying shame if a 4 dan couldn't enthuse his children into playing Go.

However, none of Barney's friends are interested in playing, which is a shame for him, so he has to stick to KGS and friends of his dad.

When we played, Barney gave me 4 stones and beat me 58 to 34. He even had the go finger-hold down perfect. To quote the Emperor, 'we will follow your career with great interest'.

I also had a bit of a teaching game with Bob and then Simon. Bob got frustrated with my crappy play but at least I should learn from it. Simon at several points amazed me with his reading saying if I play there, then xyz. Half the battle is knowing these exchanges are possible, so that was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment