Tuesday 10 November 2009

Loss to Zazi on OGS

Zazi and I started playing on OGS at a similar time and level, and it has been fun watching us both improve. This game started OK, but soon developed into a capturing race for large groups. I was confident I could win it, but then failed to count liberties properly at move 93 and the group (and game was lost).

Move 7 prevents a second white shimari
Move 12 failed to extend from a hane, should I have atari-ed as punishment?
Move 13 was instead very small. Better to shimari bottom left or take the left centre star point
Move 23 helps escape/prevent W linkup
Move 25 prefer K10/N8?
Move 27 crosscut puts pressure on H16
Move 29 tries to keep W split
Move 35 necessary? or K10 better?
Move 39 prefer P9 to prevent linking up? O8 leads to an easy link up for W
Move 47 protects some territory, but leaves the centre black group very weak (unless the capturing race in won) Territory is best?
Move 97 very shortsighted. The group is dead.

I think I played pretty poorly this game. I shan't underrate Zazi again.


No comments:

Post a Comment