Monday 16 November 2009

Lunchtime loss against Tim with 2 stones

He's still 20k on KGS, and I resigned the game today.

It started off OK, but I lost a group of 6 by assuming that 3 liberties was enough, ignoring some nearby stones. He herded me into them. Doh. I lost another group of 6 by failing to count the liberties. I won a capturing race (by counting liberties this time), and then I lost another group by placing a stone and immediately noticing it was self atari. My request to have the stone back was rejected (fair enough) and my losses seemed insurmountable. Working out whether to continue, I played into his last corner and he took another group which was in atari. Resign!

This makes 2-all so far in our lunchtime games. Still very much enjoying them. Good to see that Tim is being far more defensive in his play now, leaving fewer cutting points during attacking etc.

Tim doesn't undo on KGS either. Fair enough again.

No picture of the game, alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment