Monday 2 November 2009

Loss to Tim at lunchtime

He's moved up to 23k on KGS, and I to 18k. He asked for 3 stones as last time we played and he won the game by about 12 points.


Tim made a surprisingly early 3-3 move. Kept me out of the corner. Haven't seen that before.
It certainly worked on me.




 I tried to expand up but got blocked while Tim built a wall.



We continued to define the lower territory shapes, and then I successfully marked out the top quarter. I felt that I had the better of this at the time but now I look at it, it seems pretty even.



 The lower half took more shape, and then Tim (again surprisingly) invaded right inside my territory. I was sure I could ignore it and take profit elsewhere for the time being.


The top side took shape and the centre went to Tim. I poked into his left side but he continued to develop inside my lower side. Could I still ignore him?

I moved as little as I thought necessary to stem him. I had the liberty to the left of the cross shape, so if he tried to atari the cross shape at the bottom, I could connect at the bottom, then atari then capture him.
 
Except of course, if he played the left side of the cross first. Doh x 100.

I left the group and tried to push through on his left side. Didn't achieve much apart from reducing his territory.

Almost at the end.  Just two areas for me. Both reasonable, but black had surely won?


Yes, 74 B vs. 62 W exactly the size of the group Tim captured.

Good fun game, especially for the lesson in needing to properly respect an invasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment